Monday 13 August 2018

Sandhurst Town v Lymington Town

At the bottom of the track lies Bottom Meadow, home of Sandhurst Town FC.
Good morning/afternoon/evening and welcome back to Hopping Around Hampshire for another season!

I considered stopping the blog this summer because I believe I've said everything that needs saying over the past seven years. I'll be repeating myself if I carry on with the writing, and there's nothing worse than going around and around in wordy circles.

Plus, I have two children at university (with all the travelling back and forth across the country that that involves on several Saturdays between September and next April).

And what's more, I have a season ticket at Havant & Waterlooville for 2018/19!

So, I'm quite busy and maybe not as motivated as I once was. So the plan is to turn HAH in to more of a photographic story-telling vehicle, cutting down on the words. On the blog, I shall publish photos of where I've been, primarily for the groundhoppers who might be interested in what the grounds look like, whereas on the accompanying Facebook page, there will be more action shots - I know the players and other people involved in the local game are more interested in these.

As ever, there will always be at least one club from Hampshire involved.

So below, here's the photo story of the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie between Combined Counties League Division One side Sandhurst Town and Wessex Premier Lymington Town - the home underdogs pulling off a very creditable 1-1 draw. The replay will be at New Milton Town's home on Wednesday (Lymington share with the local cricket club). The winners will be at home to Frimley Green on August 25th.

The accompanying Facebook page can be found here:

HERE!

I'll add another forty or so photos on there during the course of this evening, concentrating mostly on Lymington's players in action.

I believe there will be more photos published on Football in Bracknell (I took a lot of the Sandhurst players as well as Lymington's), but they aren't there as I write. Check on there if you're a Sandhurst Town follower for more pictures of your players.

No-nonsense ref carries match ball with one hand.
Details:
Sandhurst Town FC (1) 1 v 1 (0) Lymington Town FC
Emirates FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round
Saturday 11th August 2018
Attendance: About 50
Admission: £5
Programme: None seen
Colours: Red and black stripes / black / black v All yellow (no sponsors for either club!)
National Grid reference: SU8460 SU8461

Sandhurst's Ultras watching from the stand.
Tactical adjustments.
The clubhouse and changing room block at Sandhurst Town.
Lymington's ball!
Skinflints.
Lymington's ball?
Golden FA Cup football.
Saints fans in Berkshire!

No comments:

Post a Comment