Tuesday 23 July 2019

Seventy Hampshire Football Grounds, Part One

A panoramic view of Sway FC in the New Forest.
As I was sitting around waiting for the new season to start properly (and also dithering about whether to carry on with the blog - shall I, shan't I?), I thought I'd count up how many Hampshire football grounds I've featured on here since 2011. The answer is an impressive 70! And I still haven't finished with the Hampshire Premier Football League yet (Infinity, Colden Common at Otterbourne, and five clubs in Division One - I'll try and visit you all this season and publish a few photos of your grounds).

I posted photos from 35 of the stadiums/grounds/pitches on the HAH Facebook page yesterday and framed it as a quiz. I invited people to guess who played at each place. There were a lot of correct answers, but there were one or two that I think were too tricky.

Here's the same photos in the same order, but captioned with either the club who play at the ground, and sometimes the name of the ground. They were chosen semi-randomly and they're in no particular order. There's no overarching theme other than I like these pictures.

I'll publish another 35 in the next few days, so if your club isn't here (and I've featured you before), it probably will be next time.

The Bypass Ground, attractive home of Romsey Town, a club whom I watch regularly.
This is Mansel Park in Southampton, home of Bush Hill.
A halfway line flag at Eversley & California of the Combined Counties League.
The new dressing rooms at Stockbridge FC.
Jones Lane Recreation Ground in the rain, former home of Hythe & Dibden.
The track leading to the lower pitch at Priory Lane, home of Bishops Waltham Dynamoes.
The dugouts at Four Marks.
Drunken teddy in Bashley's clubhouse.
Monochrome view of Liphook United.
Rainy Farnborough.
Alton's new 3G facility at Anstey Park.
Short-lived homemade stand at QK Southampton.
Outside Totton & Eling's Millers Park.
AFC Portchester's players obeying the sign.
One of my favourite photos, taken on the day that Fordingbridge Turks hosted their twin town, Vimoutiers of France.
One of my favourite action pictures, taken at Testlands in Southampton.
The very yellow Hamble Club.
Another colourful stand, this time at ex-Football League club Aldershot Town.
Refinery chimneys behind Fawley's ground.
Rural idyll at Overton United.
The clever Buildbase Stand at Andover New Street - built on an old flat bed truck.
The back of a dugout at New Milton Town.
Through the peephole at Michelmersh & Timsbury.
Two matches going on at the same time at Locks Heath.
Atmospheric Grigg Lane, home of Brockenhuirst FC.
A big crowd at Gosport Borough's Privett Park during their time in National League South.
The seated stand at Tadley-Calleva on the Hampshire-Berkshire border (the ground is actually just over the border, but Tadley's in Hampshire, so I've included them).
Skateboarding during a match at Clanfield.
Lyndhurst FC during their title-winning game at the end of last season.
The South Stand at Fratton Park, the home of the famous Pompey FC.
Also in Portsmouth, this is Baffins Milton Rovers.
The back of one of the dugouts at Hampshire League Liss Athletic.
Non-league dog at Fleet Spurs.
And finally, a panoramic view of Westleigh Park, home of Havant & Waterlooville.

No comments:

Post a Comment